Congratulations to all of our Canadian readers! Today is the big day!
Whether you are a cannabis business owner, consumer, lawyer, doctor, advocate, or even an opponent, you can surely appreciate this historic day. Canada has bucked international trends and become the first North American country to legalize recreational, adult-use marijuana.
Canada has instantly become an international leader in marijuana policy. If states like Washington, Oregon, and California are any indication, there will surely be bumps along the way, but Canadians should be excited about what comes next.
For those celebrating today, be safe and enjoy responsibly!
For more on Canadian cannabis, check out these posts:
- Bumps Ahead: The U.S. Border After Canada Cannabis Legalization
- Cannabis Trademarks in Canada are Attainable, Even for U.S. Companies
- The Potential for Cannabis Trademarks in Canada is Huge
- Vancouver, B.C. to Allow Off-Work Marijuana Use for Police
- How Canadian Companies Invest in U.S. Cannabis
- ICYMI: Canada Drops Marijuana Legalization Bills